July 14th -- ANOTHER SCAM ALERT!!!
Opelika Power Services wants its customers (both residential and business) to be ON THE ALERT against SCAM ARTISTS who have been calling Opelika Power Services Customers stating that they owe money (usually several hundreds of dollars) to OPS and that their power will be cut off if they don't "pay up".
The numbers are coming through from an area code number of 801 as well as 888-610-5575.
When you call the 888-610-5575, they answer as Opelika Power Services.
These are not OPS numbers.
OPELIKA POWER SERVICES DOES NOT DO BUSINESS THIS WAY!
• OPS DOES NOT CALL and INSTRUCT PEOPLE TO GET A PRE-PAID CARD!
• OPS DOES NOT have an 800 number! WE ARE AN OPELIKA BUSINESS / UTILITY!!!
• Our billing comes out to our customers the same way it always has.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU RECEIVE A CALL:
1. Take down the “instructions” they give you
2. Take down the 800 given to you
3. Try to get a name of “who” has called you
4. CALL OPS at (334) 705-5170 and talk to a customer service representative.